It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 hunt tests 
MMT Pro Member

Post hunt tests
What hunt test are we running this year I'm in pride la north of br and running cajun Amite and Ponchatrain most likely o and Vicksburg this weekend for ukc.. looking what is the best aka mh test to go to that's close

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 pm
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: hunt tests
My girl got her Jr title last year as a pup. I know those are easy to get but she blasted thru with no hick ups. I'm debating on sending her back to the trainer for the Sr title. The trainer says she's an easy Master Hunter.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:35 pm
MMT Pro Member

That's awesome I'm trying to get master hunter and hrch before my buddy turns 2 which is in June and run the grand this spring a guy can have hopes huh he has 3 more ukc test and 8 mh test he had his hr and sh just need the tough ones now

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 pm
MMT Addict

Take your time...the worst feeling as an amateur handler for me was pushing my HR dog into a finished test the day after she titled HR. It was a world I though we were both ready for, turns out I was wrong. I felt miserable, felt like I had let her down. Sat out the game for about 2-3 Months and trained hard...banged out the HRCH title in 4 strait tests after that.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:58 pm
MMT Pro Member

We titled hr at cajun last year and ran finished on Sunday... hammered the test step on all 6 marks and 3 whistles combined for both blinds I think I'm more excited for the hunt test than he is this year and that's hard to do

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm
MMT Pro Member

Trying to figure out if I want to go for Master or start doing field trials. She's off Small Craft Advisory (call name Rough) field champ and her grandmother on the bitches side was a field champ too.

I just gotta figure out if I want to spend the money. I don't have an interest in handling other than real hunting situations. Land blinds are good, but I'd like her water blinds better. She's not used to pushing far in water yet. I'd like that for hunting situations. She marks like a beast though.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:16 pm
MMT Pro Member

I'm not much on the field trial I know that's where the big money is and the caliber is way higher but I use my dogs to hunt I'm sorry but I've never seen a bird fall at 400+ yards it's cool but I'll stick to hunt test

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:21 pm
MMT Pro Member

I agree a field trial is not a realistic hunt-like scenario. It's more of testing what your dog can do, not making it a realistic hunting situation.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]