It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:53 am




Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Breeding my lab soon 
Author Message
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Breeding my lab soon
First time breeding my dog and just looking for help for registering the pups, and all that good stuff.

I will keep the pups up to date on shots and want them to be registered and ready for new owners when the time comes.
Both parent are registered, but how do I go about registering the pups?

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:25 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 1401
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
Akc get puppy package


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
driving a gd in ur lake
and i aprove this message


Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 pm
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
Here's the link I've got.

https://www.apps.akc.org//apps/litters/ ... 1495552213

Looks like I can do everything online.

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 1401
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
Yep


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
driving a gd in ur lake
and i aprove this message


Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
My biggest question is, is there anything I need to do before actually breeding the 2 dogs?
Do I need to call AKC beforehand to ensure there is no cross breeding within however many generations?
Do I just register the pups online once they are born?
I will be selling the pups and I want to have everything done right.

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:55 pm
Profile
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 am
Posts: 126
Location: Ocala, Florida
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
Also, here is a list of the Labrador Retriever Club's recommendations for health clearances for both parents:

http://www.caninehealthinfo.org/brdreqs.html?breed=LR

Buck


Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 am
Profile
Online
MMT F.E.

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 am
Posts: 827
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
brycecheramie wrote:
My biggest question is, is there anything I need to do before actually breeding the 2 dogs?
Do I need to call AKC beforehand to ensure there is no cross breeding within however many generations?
Do I just register the pups online once they are born?
I will be selling the pups and I want to have everything done right.


??? You can't look at their pedigree and tell? Also, inbreeding with dogs is not the same as it is with humans. People very commonly do so on purpose (called line breeding) to bring out specific traits. The risk is if you don't know what recessive traits a dog may have, then you can really have issues.

Honestly if you don't have EIC, CNM, hips, eyes, etc all done, breeding is not a good idea. Lot of recessive genetic and physical issues could pop up if you don't have the right documented breeding history and testing done.


Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:18 am
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
Yes, I have both pedigrees and was able to get that figured out.
Also, both dogs are already hip cert, and both dogs have gone to our local vet to have them checked out.

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 am
Profile
Online
MMT F.E.

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 am
Posts: 827
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
Good deal


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:12 am
Profile
MMT Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 am
Posts: 606
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
brycecheramie wrote:
First time breeding my dog and just looking for help for registering the pups, and all that good stuff.


Was just talking to a buddy about this over lunch. He suggests peanut butter to get her in the mood, plenty of lube, and a muzzle if she's aggressive.

_________________
Uncle J - 17 x 48 w/GTR | Bayou Surface Drive heads | Voodoo exhaust | DIY Mikuni carb


Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 pm
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
reharbert wrote:
brycecheramie wrote:
First time breeding my dog and just looking for help for registering the pups, and all that good stuff.


Was just talking to a buddy about this over lunch. He suggests peanut butter to get her in the mood, plenty of lube, and a muzzle if she's aggressive.



I figured someone with a fucked up head would comment and actually think about a human fuckin a dog! :lol:

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 pm
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
bringing this back to life cause its been 2 years and my dog still aint been knocked up...

Anyone local to me have any tips and could maybe come stop by?

1st stud didn't know what he was doing,
2nd stud keeled over and died within seconds :shock: :shock:
and the 3rd stud never could figure it out. LOL :lol:

She just started bleeding again, and this will be my last and final attempt to get a puppy off of her.
Any help is appreciated.

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 am
Profile
MMT Pro Member

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:41 am
Posts: 97
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
A proven stud will cost you, but will be worth it in the long run.


Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:56 pm
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
hvfc6040 wrote:
A proven stud will cost you, but will be worth it in the long run.



Im fine with that.
Just cant find a proven stud.

the 2nd stud was very much proven, but he had an unknown heart condition, and died while in the act...…. :shock:

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:11 pm
Profile
MMT Super Elite Member

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 pm
Posts: 16862
Location: Rowlett, TX
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
brycecheramie wrote:
hvfc6040 wrote:
A proven stud will cost you, but will be worth it in the long run.



Im fine with that.
Just cant find a proven stud.

the 2nd stud was very much proven, but he had an unknown heart condition, and died while in the act...…. :shock:


I mean, if ya gotta go......what better way?


Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:18 pm
Profile
Online
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 4174
Location: Cut Off, La.
Post Re: Breeding my lab soon
cb5331 wrote:
brycecheramie wrote:
hvfc6040 wrote:
A proven stud will cost you, but will be worth it in the long run.



Im fine with that.
Just cant find a proven stud.

the 2nd stud was very much proven, but he had an unknown heart condition, and died while in the act...…. :shock:


I mean, if ya gotta go......what better way?



I agree :lol:

_________________
CC GTR... And I cant back out of my own way with it.


Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:38 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: