It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cajun HRC hunt test in estherwood , LA. 3-8, 3-9 ? 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Cajun HRC hunt test in estherwood , LA. 3-8, 3-9 ?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:13 am
MMT Elite Member

OK we get it....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 am
MMT 1000 Club

Ok we're not talking about field and trials, talking about UKC and AKC hunt test. We weren't being smart asses. I simply asked what your dog is able to do ?if your dog has a pedigree and is finished. Wouldn't you get your titles and make a lil change breeding him ?

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:14 am
MMT 1000 Club

Mine is ASS Tested :lol: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:44 am
MMT Pro Member

I'm not interested in arguing about what constitutes a Finished dog :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on your pass and title! 8-)

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:57 am
MMT Elite Member

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:47 pm
MMT Pro Member

Well, I'll agree with you there FWK.

I will say this....what constitutes a "Finished" dog is purely subjective. I don't normally run HT's, so I don't put a lot of stock in a MH or HRCH title, but that's just me. Sure, they're worthy titles, but it's just an indicator of the level of work a dog is capable of.

I begin to consider a dog truely finished when they're competitive at the MN, Grand, or major field trial stakes.

Tank may have a jam up dog or a boot licker. No one really knows, but if he's happy, more power to him.

As far as his uncle who judges FT's, again that's an unknown. He might be a judge who simply scratches a check to have his dog trained and then sits in the chair OR someone who has trained and handled many All Age dogs....soooo, who knows?

IMO, the best evaluators of a dog's talent level are either good pro trainers or judges that have trained and handled their personal dogs in advanced stakes (Master National, Grand, or AA stakes)

I'm not knocking anyone, certain titles, or trying to be arguementive, that's just my opinion as someone who has been doing this for 35+ years and is both a HT and FT judge who has handled dogs to Grand titles and All Age placements.

YMMV and good luck to everyone!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:56 pm
MMT Pro Member

I agree with cat . Also would like to add , the Grand (UKC) and National Master (AKC) is really more for pro's IMO . Hard to be able to take a week off and travel with the cost . The last couple of years , it got easier too send the dog with a pro you know and let him handle the dog . It's cheaper to do that than go yourself . I ran my dogs and get a kick out of it , but the first thing I care about only is it being a gundog first . If we play to get some ribbons and titles , it's only for fun . Also I never run started level test , only did it once years ago because it was new too me .

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I run all of the hunt test for the fun of it. I careless about the titles. Watching and participating is what's fun. I'm more then happy with the way my dog handles hunting/ hunts.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:20 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:48 am
MMT 1000 Club

Iv always run my dog so far. The trainer I work worth time to time has offered to run kameaux when I cant. Iv
For lucky so far being off during the hunt test.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2