It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Just taking the dog out turned into alot of work for him! 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Just taking the dog out turned into alot of work for him!
Me and my brother went out yesterday morning and took both dogs with us with more of the intention on judt getting them out there shoot the dummy launcher around the decoys alittle bit and what not. Of course we both took our guns just in case because you never know...well soon as the sun came up there was birds everywhere, i guess some ducks decided to show up finally. Fortunately we had 2 poles in my boat we were able get and tie them to and keep the from breaking, not that i can say for sure they would but rather safe than sorry. We killed our 12 birds in a matter of about an hour of non stop shooting Yes they have been shot over a ton and already associate shots to retrieveing, before anyone asks. Anyway, we didn't have to pick up a single bird. Between the two dogs they picked up all 12, the most i had to do was walk out in the direction of a few they didn't see fall but soon as they smelled em they knew what to do. I think they each had 2-3 what i would venture to call "perfect retrieves" with the exception of being tied to a pole..lol. I was absolutely not expecting that at all from two 7 month old puppys and was completely blown away. Watching Colt actually have an opportunity to work like that and do what we've been working hard on learning to do was a next to none feeling! Neither one moved an inch the rest of the day! IMG_0419.JPGIMG_0423.JPGIMG_0424.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]