It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Need to buid a new kennel! 
MMT Pro Member

Post Need to buid a new kennel!
We are selling our house so now I have to buid a new indoor/outdoor kennel for my dog. At our house now I have a 6x6 inside my shed with a door to go outside to a 10x10 run. Our new shed is not getting a door put in it for my dog. So I need help making a new place for him to stay. I would like to use his existing outside run but need ideas for a small building that I can attach it to, to get him out of the weather and put a little heater in there for when it gets really cold. Thank you in advance for your input.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:19 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Need to buid a new kennel!
I build a dog box for two dogs on the outside of the dog run. I cut an opening through the end kennel panel to fit a K-9 Kondo steel door. The door is off to one side to keep wind out. I insulated it with 3.5" insulation and extruded foam in the floor. I also wired it for a Hound Heater.

This way they get the full run of the kennel and there's no worry about them chewing on the outside of the house.

I put vapor barrier on the inside underneath 1/2" plywood walls, floor and ceiling. For the floor, I put down 1/4" rubber horse stall mat covered with a carpet scrap.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]