It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Complaint Department 
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Complaint Department
Guys, we had quite a few complaints this year, more than usual. Lots of complaints about people not slowing down for fisherman and kayaks, beer cans and trash being left on the sandbars and floating in the lake, etc. I know most of our MMT crowd is respectful and do what they can to help me and the other organizers out, but I'm going to need a lot more help in the future if you guys want this ride to continue.

We really need to work hard to stay out of the main channels in large groups. I know it's hard to do, but we can do better. Also need yall's help with the trash. Caddo is a beautiful place and it's kept very clean for the most part. We do enough PR damage with just the noise, we don't need a trash issue on top of it. If you see people doing wrong, call them out. If they're throwing trash in the water, pick it up. Even if it's coming out of non-mudboats, if you see trash, pick it up. We will be blamed for it whether it's coming from us or not. It is what it is.

Stuff like this is the reason the guys who originally organized this ride stepped away from it. Stuff like this is why rides in the other parts of the country have gone private, or completely shut down. We do this for a good cause, but at some point, the people just don't care about our cause. They just want to be rid of us and they will start doing their part to shut us down.

I hope you guys enjoy the way we run it, and would like for it to continue. It's frustrating enough just putting it together, but it makes it ten times worse when we piss off everyone else that's trying to enjoy the lake at the same time as us. In years past, a good portion of the locals, especially the local businesses, have really backed us on the noise issue. They are not going to continue to have our backs on issues like trash and being blatantly inconsiderate.

That's all I have for ya. If you want this thing to continue, some things are going to have to get better.

Thanks

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Complaint Department
Sorry to hear about this Clay..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

I know I picked up a couple Styrofoam plates and some beer cans. You just look over, see it, and shake your head. I know all the trash isn't gonna be us, but we're gonna get blamed regardless, and it's not hard to slow down and grab it when you see it. Thanks for this post, clay. I hope everyone will remember this next year so we can keep rolling with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:03 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Sad to hear all this. Was it bigger than previous years? Was their alot of people outside the mmt crowd. Good manners and courteous boating should no have to be preached at these events..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
MMT 1000 Club

Not caddo but What's with people and trash? I snapped this pic at the local boat ramp down by the river today pissed me off and yeah we threw it all away when we left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:14 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

I'm not on FB, but someone sent that to me via text. I have reached out to him personally to try to smooth things over. Hopefully we can make things right with him. The local business owners have really had our backs in the past, we don't want to start pissing them off.

It's not all us either. There were pontoon boats and jet ski's at every sandbar I passed. We are the big group though, and we are going to take the blame for all of it whether it's us or not. That's why I'm saying if you see it, help us out. Doesn't matter where it came from or how it got there, just do your part, that's all we can ask.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:15 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Kudos Flint!

I don't get it either. These places are just to beautiful to turn into a landfill.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

And no, tad, I don't think it was bigger than previous years. We had around 80 for the morning ride. We did 100ish and 100 plus at a couple of them a few years back.

There was more boat traffic, and a large group of kayakers out there though. We warned everyone of this at our captains meeting.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:22 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

For those responding to complaints on other websites, mainly FB, please keep it civil. Just apologize, explain we're really trying to do a good thing, and remind them that it's only one weekend a year. It's on us, lets not make things worse. We've donated over 20k already, and have around 7k coming back to the lake again this year.

Public, private, whatever. Our fault or not, if the locals grow tired of us, this ride will get shut down. They will find a way to make it happen, trust me. Let's be the bigger person here, just apologize and explain our cause, then move along.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:34 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:32 pm
MMT Pro Member

I am sorry to hear this,after burning nearly 25 gallons of gas in 2 days I never saw any trash at Onion or a couple other little sand bars.As far as the locals I spoke with everybody seemed positive about the event and the cause other than a little noise(its only 1 weekend a year and it brings in alot of money).If its the tour guide that gave a friend a ride he said he did have a close call with a mud boat(which sucks) but drive to the store and a close call happens several times a day accidents do happen its life but being disrespectful isnt.The big difference I saw this year was more boats on the lake but less mud boats in the years past .After reading this post I was going to contact the tour guide because it really pissed me off,but I will sleep on it and decide tomorrow.To all those that put on this event I think its the best and will continue to come there is no place like it that I know of AND THANKS TO ALL THAT MAKE THIS RUN GREAT.Jeb

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 pm
MMT 1000 Club

If you do contact him, please don't do it mad, and talk to cb before you do. No need to keep him focused on it or stir him up by having 17 people try to talk it out with him.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:16 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Yea, let's not bug the guy too much. I've already reached out to him. We'll try to squash it and move on. Don't let it upset you. It's understandable that some people get frustrated with us. Hell I'm frustrated with us at times and I am part of us. :lol:

As noted, if your going to say anything, please just apologize, explain our cause, and let it go. No need to point fingers at anyone else. We're the big noisy group and we're going to take the blame here. Don't start a fight over it, there is no way possible that will help.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm
MMT Elite Member

As I was idling past a kayaker one evening I asked if we were bothering them too bad and he said not at all.
Also had a bass fisherman flip me the bird after I slowed down and idled down the opposite bank. There are just some people you'll never please.

And all the guys that come out there and litter and act a fool need to stick to four wheeler rides

(New Motor) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54733

Stumps Fear Me

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:37 am
MMT F.E.

Not to offend or defend anyone, I live there. Sometimes the fisherman are around blind corners or up in the trees and you don't see them until its to late. For we all know sometimes to stay planed out leaves less wake than shutting down right next to a hidden fisherman. And we are our worst enemy due to our exhaust. Yes we all need to keep our head on a swivel when there are that many of us out at one time!

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 am
MMT Member

here is a complaint.

I was running government ditch when some pencil prick in a triton passd me on pad and durn near killed me. I wish Id gotten my hands on that punk.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:31 pm
MMT Sponsor

Im a local and could start a good fight with some of the shit ive seen especially out of bass boats , but the point here is to suck it up and say we apologize

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:35 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I once got mooned and flipped off simultaneously by a guy in a bass boat running 70mph only inches outside my decoys.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:39 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Kool-Aid Brigade

www.southernfowler.com

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:04 pm
MMT F.E.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:21 pm
MMT F.E.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:47 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Well put!

H Finn

18x54 Uncle J -GTR - with the koolaid
Back H2o SWOMP 23 SS stage 2 15x36 GD Duck Skiff GATOR
GATOR GLIDE PROSTAFF
BACKWATER PROSTAFF
http://www.gatorglide.com

Coupe rest in peace brother

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:12 pm
MMT F.E.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:15 pm
MMT Elite Member

Ha! Jet skis....ask about the one that skint up the cypress tree right behind Mudport this weekend! LOL

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 pm
MMT Sponsor

I meant to say start a good argument :D

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 pm

I got a ride with Mr. Gibbs and he explained what happened to him while he was giving his tour. I apologized to him for someone else's actions and told him we are not all like that. He was very nice and told me to have fun and be careful. He never said anything about trash. That was also Friday evening.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:50 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Thanks, thats all we can really do is apologize.
While we're having the conversation, another thing to mention is not all the mudboats are with us. There were quite a few other groups i saw out there that were not participating in our fundraiser.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 pm
MMT 1000 Club

We were hanging with Pete and a few others at the sand bars and at least in the area I was hanging out we were very respectful and even waved to the pontoon tour boat. He didn't seem to have any issue . Even the people on the tour seemed up beat and waved. I didn't see any trash laying around or I would of picked it up. Hate to hear this .

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Hate to hear this. We watched a bass boat almost run over a Mud boat Saturday. There are Dicks in every crowd.

For example... We have CB5331. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously, as bad as we would like to tell some of these folks to take part in self-copulation it's best to apologize and try to make things better despite who's in the wrong.

Don't be scared...Hit It and Hold It!!!

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 pm
MMT Moderator

This has always been the dilemma with large organized events and a big reason why many have gone private.

We are always a target due to the size, noise levels etc.

You will never please everyone on the water nor those that stay land locked...

Perhaps on Sunday we should consider having an organized trash clean up. We could hand out bags and make it apart of the planned activity.

It just takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:35 am
Profile WWW
MMT Super Elite Member

Yep, that's a good idea. I know the area at crips was left clean, and onion island was clean when we left. We didn't have any other organized stops around the lake, but I do think most of our crew of MMT members do their part to help keep it clean and be courteous to other boaters. Unfortunately, not all the mudboats out there are with our group. Not only will we be blamed for what they do, but we will also be blamed for pretty much any trash because we're the easy ones to point the fingers at. It is what it is, and it's ok. We'll take the blame, apologize, and do what we can to be better next year.

I do think I'd like to shut down the other sites to get info about this ride though. Force them to come here if they want to participate. It's the best place to get current info, and the traffic should help Tony out. It started out as an MMT ride, and I'm fine with keeping it that way. I doubt it will hurt our turnout much, and if it does, honestly that's ok too.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am
MMT 1000 Club

Kool-Aid Brigade

www.southernfowler.com

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:09 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Post Complaint Department
Im not on fb at all, but the ride has a fb page and another stand alone website. Im talking about trying to get those shut down.

I know its going to float around, i would just like to funnel as much traffic back here as possible. This is where the bulk of the info is and it stays updated.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:31 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Kool-Aid Brigade

www.southernfowler.com

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:19 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

I'm okay with not everyone being on MMT. :lol: But if they want the accurate info, and want to actually participate and help us keep accurate headcounts so meals and shirt sales go smoothly, they can come here. You don't have to become an active 10k post member, but if you want to participate in the ride, you can come here a few times between Jan and June to get info and participate in the polls.

Or you can bitch that you don't know what's going on and you didn't get a shirt in your size. :lol: Whatever floats your boat. :lol: It's an mmt event, not a mmc event or a fb event. This is where all the info will always be. ;) :D

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:29 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

We did auction off the leftover food this year! That was something you'd suggested last year.

Lunch we ran out with like two or three people left in line, but we served for almost two hours. Bout 130 sandwiches or so.

We had one whole brisket and a little bit of pork loin left after dinner, it went for 100 bucks. Big thanks to Clint Aurthur! Capt Danny was our auctioneer. :lol:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:33 pm
MMT Sponsor

And when danny started auctioning i was like damn, he's pretty good at this :D

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:38 pm
MMT 1000 Club

He was messing around on Friday, I almost told clay were turning this whole thing into an auction lmao

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:02 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Kool-Aid Brigade

www.southernfowler.com

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next