It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 25hp Kohler Command Build 
MMT Pro Member

Post 25hp Kohler Command Build
Sending my motor off to Midwest Power Cub first week of Nov. for a pretty substantial build. Will be running High Octane gas when i get it back along with a port, polish, Cam, and few other things build. But I'm putting it on a tin can of a 1744 boat we rebuilt. Boat weighs in under 400lbs. Motor will be built to close to a 45+ when i get it back but still gonna keep the 25hp stickers and stock look. What kind of performance should I expect out of this build? Anyone else out there taken a 25hp Command that far on a build before?

Thanks,
J.P.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: 25hp Kohler Command Build
How many hours do you have on your motor?
I just started looking around to beef up my 27. I wish Cody at SETX Performance would do it!! lol

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 am
MMT Pro Member

Interesting, wanna see a review when u get it back.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:32 pm
MMT Addict

Why don't you have them install the Delphi EFI on it?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
MMT Pro Member

Been getting very mixed reviews on Midwest since i put this up. Might be getting cold feet on this one guys. Especially after some of the things i've heard.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Power cub or super cub? What have you heard and where did you hear it?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:01 pm
MMT Pro Member

Midwest super cub sorry.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:37 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

So, what's the story??? I've had good luck with them, and know a few others that have had good luck also.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:53 pm
MMT Pro Member

If the one's that have messaged me on here and another forum want to tell their story that is up to them. I just heard of some bad experiences that others have had and it was enough for me to change my mind. That is all I will say. Not going to bad mouth a company etc my experience may have been flawless and things happen with every company. You can't please everyone. Just changed my mind

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:54 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

If you are "not going to bad mouth a company", wtf was your above post about? You wanted to make sure everyone knew you heard some shit that made you not want to go through with your build, but don't wanna spill the beans? If some things have changed or there is some shady shit going on, it would be nice to warn others about it and let everyone else know what is going on so nobody else has to go through the same shit. You brought it up, so there is obviously something you wanted to share...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm
MMT Pro Member

I did have something to share and did my reason for not sending MY motor is MY business and that's all you need to know. If you don't like it I don't care. The above post was to inform others that were interested in the build that I was not going through with it plain and simple Not rocket science bud. I also skipped the well why not questions by saying I have been told mixed reviews on where i was sending it and have changed my mind once again not rocket science and not bad mouthing in anyway. Just my reason for not sending it off. Simple and done. No more discussion needed.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

You chose to put YOUR business out there on a PUBLIC forum. I'm just saying it would be nice to hear the whole story or none at all. Your post about "mixed reviews" and "after some of the things I've heard" sure come across in a negative light and would be easily considered "bad mouthing".

There is quite a bit of business sent that way from this site. If there is some shady shit going on, as you are implying, it would be nice to know so that we don't continue to send people down a bad path. Like I said, you brought it up. If you didn't want to talk about it, you should have just kept it to yourself...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm
MMT Pro Member

Look dude. I gave my reason for not sending it to them. MY F'ing reason. Drop it. It's simple. Stop trying make something out of nothing. Your the only one digging for info. My reason is my reason. What happened to others is there info to share. They shared it with me. It was enough to change my mind. They didn't share it with you or anyone else and all I said was I have heard mixed reviews and decided not to send the damn motor. If i had said i changed my mind and that was it you'd prolly be digging for why then too and we'd be in the same situation so blow it out your ass. I'm done explaining myself to you.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

I just don't understand all the secrecy... If there was something worth talking about, then say it. If there wasn't, then your post was unnecessary. Why would you want someone else to get fucked if that is what's going on?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm
MMT Pro Member

Didn't say anyone got fucked just bad experience. If you go to walmart and stand in line for 30 min while the person at the cash register talks to a friend you had a bad experience simple as that but you didn't get fucked and your probably and idiot for standing in line for 30 min but thats besides the point!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:31 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Someone telling me that they stood in line at wal mart for 30 minutes probably wouldn't keep me from going to wal mart again....

To whoever is whispering in this guys ear, I'd like to know what is going on. I get lots of pm's about kohlers. Midwest was about the only company I had any luck with. If there is a reason not to point people in that direction, I would like to know. I don't want to be sending people down a bad path. I've been steered down them before and it's no fun.

Thanks for all the help volsjp.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 pm
MMT Pro Member

Hope you got what you wanted.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

Man CB we are going to designate you as the newbie tester, if they can make it through you then they are welcome to stay lmao......Vols hope you got it figured out, where CB is coming from is that there were several companies that were brought up not to long ago about CS and there work, we just don't want bad things happening to the guys here on MMT.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:41 pm
MMT Super Elite Member

He sent me a PM and gave me a kinda sorta reason...I would still like to hear from the guys who have actually had issues. Like I said earlier it was one of the only places I had any luck with when messing with my kohler and I send quite a few people their way. I know a couple other guys on here and on the mb forum sending people their way also. I have not had any dealings with them since I built my new motor and if they are having issues I do not want to keep sending people there.

Whoever has actually had issues should post publicly. You do not see the pm's that are sent from people who never start threads so you have no way to warn them before they are sent down a bad path.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 pm
MMT Pro Member

I got all my stuff figured out. Had it figured out about 10 post ago lmao. Like i told CB I have had no bad dealings with them personally but was advised to told by a few others both good and not so good things that they experienced. If CB wants to repeat what i told him i was told then that is all his decision. If someone wants to know what i was advised then PM me.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Julian, a MWSC is a straight shooter IMHO. If some people had issues with his business/parts it was probably that they didn't listen to the advise he gave in regards to the parts he makes and the use of them in a mudmotor application vs quarter scale pulls.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]