It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:56 pm




Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Stock carb adapter for k&n 
Author Message
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 pm
Posts: 4310
Post Stock carb adapter for k&n
Is there any gain from doing this with the cone k&n. I still have my stock airbox with stock filter (minus foam prefilter).


Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: Centerville, La
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
no just look cool :lol:

_________________
I gave up mud motors


Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Posts: 4898
Location: Bourg LA
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
Maybe if you can find one for a 32 it may fit a round filter like you want. Not quite sure..im sure somebody tried it..


Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: Centerville, La
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
gecker used to make one..

brads has one

_________________
I gave up mud motors


Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile
MMT F.E.

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 757
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
Pull your air cleaner cover off and see if you pick up any rpms. I picked up 120. I drilled my stock air cleaner cover. On a inboard it doesn't get dirty like on a sd. Pulling the air cleaner with the cover removed equalled zero gains. The cover was my limiter.


Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:53 pm
Profile
MMT Super Elite Member

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 pm
Posts: 16915
Location: Rowlett, TX
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
I think al has one. My dad is running one they sell for kohlers on his 32.

With a couple other small things done to the carb, I think it helps. I ran the donaldson adapter on mine.


Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Posts: 4898
Location: Bourg LA
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
The stock filter is good for up to ~240hp...Thats without the cover on. Not sure if cover limits that. But the filter media can flow that much.


Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile
MMT F.E.

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 757
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
Disclaimer : my results were not on a stock motor


Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm
Profile
MMT Pro Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 406
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n

_________________
32 PD with EVT cam, decked heads, shaved pistons and not enough sense to leave things alone!


Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm
Profile
MMT 1000 Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:18 pm
Posts: 4310
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
I've seen it before. It made for the old Donaldson air filter I believe. But does it add value or it is a waste of time.


Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 pm
Profile
MMT Pro Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 466
Post Re: Stock carb adapter for k&n
I have the said 32hp carb and would love to get off of it cheap if any interest. PM me.

_________________
Modded 36 PD draggin' around an 1848 PD boat backwards!


Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: