It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 37EFI GTR (Delta Level 3) on 16x44 Gator Trax 
MMT Pro Member

Post 37EFI GTR (Delta Level 3) on 16x44 Gator Trax
MM Brand: GTR w/Delta Level 3
Horsepower: 51 and change on Dyno…should gain a little after break in
Boat Brand: Gator Trax
Boat Size: 16x44 w/Hunt Deck. Total length of boat is about 17.5’ with hunt deck
Boat Layout: Two built in box seats (one stern starboard, one mid-boat on port), One gun box (port stern), extended front deck

Speeds | Shallow Water: ???
Speeds | Deep Water: 33mph @ 45-4600 rpm (bumped 33.9, and had it steady in the mid 33s on our last run)
Prop: 3 blade Mercury worked from Calen
Total Boat Load With Gear Etc: 3 adults (less than 600 pounds total…I’m the only full grown man of the group), 6 gallons of gas, 1 battery, boat safety stuff.
Conditions Tested In: Calm, but not glass. We ran it in Lake P, and there was some surface disturbance. The boat was slightly porpoising, but I can’t tell you if that because of engine trim/pin location or water conditions. I am running it Saturday AM on a teal hunt and I expect it should sit down flat in the canal.

Comments: First run with the new motor from Calen. Very happy with performance numbers. The Gator Trax obviously has the rounded chines, so we knew we weren’t going to see crazy speeds. 33mph with a few guys is plenty fast for us. I expect we will pick up a little bit after the break in and first lubricant change, but honestly, we are happy with what we are getting now (the old stock 35 MB that was on it previously topped out just over 25mph with 1 person...so this is a HUGE jump). Our goal was to run upper 20s with a full hunting load (3-4 guys, 2 dogs, guns and blind bags), and I think we will do that with ease.
How should I expect this Mercury Prop to hold up? It seems a good bit thinner than the Big Blades we ran on the old MB. What have everyone’s experiences been? Either way, I’m happy enough with the numbers we are seeing that I don’t plan to chase an extra MPH or two.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:12 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: 37EFI GTR (Delta Level 3) on 16x44 Gator Trax
Anybody else running a Mercury 3 blade? How are they holding up? I saw 33mph consistently with 3 men and hunting gear on the last Saturday of teal season. Still don't have shallow water numbers, but I'll post when I get em.
I can now confirm the reports that the 3 blades aren't worth a damn when backing up in vegetation...

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]