It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Southern Lite light bar 
MMT Member

Post Southern Lite light bar
I am considering upgrading my light bar to a Southern Lite gen 1.2. I do not run big open waters much, mainly tighter rivers/smaller lakes, so I believe the 1.2 would be best for for that. Anyone run this light and care to let me know your opinion of it. Is it worth $400 and how well does it perform? (Main reason for upgrading is I can easily out run my current light even when not running WOT). Thanks

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 am
MMT Pro Member

Post Re: Southern Lite light bar
In my opinion the higher priced LED bars are not worth it. The amazon lights that range in the $30-60 range work fine for my purposes and are plenty bright. I doubt you will "outrun" them. My older light was a kaewell from amazon, lasted 5 years with no issues and sat in the elements for a lot of that time. I just upgraded my rig this year, and opted to save a few hundred on a light bar and went with a Nilight brand. I normally only run with nav lights unless I get into some real thick areas, or trying to find a trail, frogging, etc. Im sure the southern lite is super bright and well built, but you may perfectly satisfied with the cheaper units and save some $. If your coming from older halogen lights any of the LED lights will be huge upgrades.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:19 am
MMT F.E.

Same.

I run nilite from Amazon. 4 years in, no issues, but at ~$40 I bought two and still have the spare on the garage shelf. When my first dies, I’ll just plug in the spare and move on with life and still have a few hundred left in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am
MMT 1000 Club

I had nilights from Amazon for 8 years. Never a single issue with them

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:55 pm
MMT Member

Thanks for the replies. I have heard a lot of good things about the Nilight, I’ll do my self the favor and get one of them and save the money. My wife and wallet thank you all! Haha

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Do yourself a favor and pull it apart and silicone the grooves where the lens lives, and any other spots the housing isn't solid to keep out moisture. The gasket stuff those brands usually use don't seal the light completely, and don't last even if they do. Even though I've had water in one of mine, they still both work fine 7 years later. The switch they're connected has been replaced, but they're still fine.

#CFFITR
#mudmotor>physics

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:43 pm
MMT 1000 Club

I never did that with mine and they always stayed dry. Zero moisture on any of my nilights

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]