It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Briggs 35 starter...how the fukc? 
MMT Elite Member

Post Briggs 35 starter...how the fukc?
Heard something rattling in the starter, took it off. Took the top off and found a little piece of metal in there. Bearings, magnets, etc look fine. My question is how the fuck do you get it back together? The magnets in pic 1 retract and go around the copper sleeve deal in pic 2, but there's no way to recess the magnets so the cylinder will slide down to ride on the needle bearings. Suggestions (or a fo sho this is how you do it) much appreciated! :lol:

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:13 pm
MMT Elite Member

Post Re: Briggs 35 starter...how the fukc?
Since I dont know how the first i would try is a BFH!

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:18 pm
MMT Elite Member

I've never gone to Seminole for the amenities/luxury the two reasons I go down there are to kill shit and get fucked up with like minded individuals aka OG'S. If you want to swirl wine and stay in a room where politics and investment diversity are discussed (with no roaches) lake lanier is near Atlanta. If you wanna have an awesome time and maybe stay in a room where children were conceived on one side and someone got stabbed over an 8-ball on the other come on down I got a can of raid. :D

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:25 pm
MMT Elite Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVo6srLv0w ... Vo6srLv0wU

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:33 pm
MMT Elite Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:24 pm
MMT Elite Member

Didn't know, thought about sticking something through there to hold em apart... You're fucked. Ha ha buy a new one

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Not sure if yours is like this, maybe it will help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:08 pm
MMT 1000 Club

It's not easy. I rebuilt my starter on my last motor and it was a head scratcher. You've got to find some way to push in the brushes so you can slip the armature back in place. Man I'm really not any help come to think of it! :lol:

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:31 pm
MMT Elite Member

Theres a trick to it.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:33 pm
MMT Elite Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:46 pm
MMT Elite Member

I had faith! Lol

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 pm
MMT Elite Member

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:53 pm
MMT Elite Member

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:15 am
MMT 1000 Club

Were you able to fix it? Those "magnets" are carbon brushes and should be pretty cheap, as long as nothing else is messed up. I would think your starter is the same as the pic from the manual I posted, but I may be wrong. If so the back cover should come off and you can get to the brushes.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:47 pm
MMT Pro Member

Just buy a new one... Some one posted a link up awhile ago to DBElectrical(I think that was it). Bought a new starter for my 20 for around $25 if I remember right. The brigg replacement was way more than that and it has worked fine for me.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:18 am
MMT Super Elite Member

We bought one from db about 2-3 years ago. Still working fine

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:39 am
MMT Elite Member

Yeah I found one on eBay for 130. The thing about the brushes is there is no way that I see to push them back or even get them out to replace them. I had a buddy of mine take it to an auto electric shop while i was out of town for work and they were scratching their heads as well. Oh well....looks like I will have a good spare soleniod.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 am
MMT Pro Member

I have a new starter if anyone needs one.

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:42 pm
MMT Pro Member

I had same problem on my 23. Bought a new one out of a place in Missouri. Other one is being rebuilt.
After I bought the new one, a buddy recommended I use toothpicks to hold the magnets(brushes) recessed long enough to slide onto cylinder. There are cutouts on the magnets for that purpose.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]