It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 New-to-me Go-Devil 
MMT Member

Post New-to-me Go-Devil
A buddy of mine is selling his Go-Devil, so I'm picking it up this weekend. It's a slightly different build than most. It's got a modified Mud Buddy surface drive, custom tower, Imron paint, and Gator Glide. Coming from Offshore and Bay boats, it's the first flat bottom I've had. I've used it a few times and it definitely opens up a whole new world! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to hide that tower while duck hunting. The gigging lights will be replaced with LED's in the near future, and will be powered by the two batteries for the trolling motor.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 am
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: New-to-me Go-Devil
Pretty cool rig.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:44 am
MMT Pro Member

Looks great. Bet you can see very good from way up there.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 pm
MMT Member

Yeah, it's pretty nice being able to have 2 people gigging on the front and still be able to see everything in front of the boat.

I have some changes planned and some ideas to test on the boat once it's legally mine, but it's a pretty solid foundation to work from. I definitely want to make it less visible to ducks, and I've have been looking at different camo options. Realistically, the boat will be used much more for backwater fishing and gigging than duck hunting, so I don't want to go overboard with painted camo. I'm thinking about taking the deck padding off though and installing HydroTurf. I'm also going to re-cover the seats and either paint or wrap the white console with vinyl. Any other suggestions?

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:13 am
MMT Pro Member

Id just get a few sheets of fastgrass and wrap the crap out of that whole tower rather than painting or doing vinyl wraps especially if its going to be more of a fishing rig.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:09 pm
MMT F.E.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:29 pm
MMT Pro Member

Man that is definatly a unique rig....looks like a lot for that motor though how does it perform?

And if it was me I would just take some fast grass and hang it up from tower towards bow and cover in as much as possiable like a folding boat blind

Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:23 pm
MMT Member

It actually performs really well with that motor. It started out as a basic 35, but has since been upgraded pretty extensively (I don't have a full list of work done to it yet). It'll run 30-31mph with two people. Loaded down with about 1400lbs of people and gear, it'll still get on plane and run about 21mph. Sid at Fast Mud Motors built it.

After I move the backrest on the leaning post back a few inches, I think I'm going to paint the tower and gig railing dark tan, dye the vinyl, and powdercoat the steering wheel to get rid of the glare. The worn out Seadeck will get replaced with HydroTurf (still unsure which color to go with), and I will probably string a line from the gig railing to the tower to hang Fast Grass from. For now, the exterior of the hull is going to stay grey because it actually blends in pretty well with the color of the water around here, but I may change my mind on that in the next year or so.

While the boat is at the fabricator's shop for the backrest, I may have them build up the rear catwalk to be flush with the gunnel. As you can tell in the picture, there are several elevations and it's pretty easy to lose your balance trying to walk around the tower. Anyways, I'll update this thread as progress is made, incase anyone is interested.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 am
MMT Addict

Heck yeah, keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 am
MMT Pro Member

good ole palm fronds cut with long stems will help

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:00 pm
MMT Pro Member