It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A solid foundation 
MMT Sponsor

Post A solid foundation
As some people on here know, I’ve been working on building a new welding shop. I took a lot of time drawing out where everything is going to go in the shop, the size of the building, and the placement on the land. The one aspect I took the most time on is the concrete footings and the form. When installing a metal building, it is absolutely critical that all of the anchors are exactly where they need to go. So I took the time to draw all of my anchor bolt patterns in CAD and cut templates for the bolts on the CNC. My slab is 30’x50’, and I made the footings 24” wide by 24”deep all the way around. I have over 750 feet of rebar in these footings, along with the required wire mesh in the middle of the slab. I want this foundation to be as strong as possible because I know that any stress I put on this slab it will not fail under pressure. The same goes with our household. If we don’t have a good solid foundation in our homes in the form of a personal relationship with Christ, we take a chance of failing under pressure.

Luke 6:47-48

“Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like- he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock, and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”

In this parable of the wise and foolish builders, the wise builder is digging deep and laying the foundation on a rock. The Rock on which we build is Christ. In this parable, Christ teaches us the importance of doing, as well as listening. In His description of the two builders, He judges them, not only by their care in the construction of their houses, but also by the foundation on which they built them. A rock foundation represents true understanding. Only in obedience and dedication to a personal relationship with Christ can we find emotional and spiritual stability—and without that we build on constant shifting sand.
The flood obviously represents the trials of life. Oftentimes, trials in life happens either through our own lack of faith or because of events in the world around us. Is our house strong enough to withstand the torture of the horrendous events of the end time? Can it even withstand our own weaknesses?
Jesus' metaphor in the parable is this: A man's character is like a house. Every thought is like a piece of wood in that house, and every habit is like a beam, well or badly placed. They all come together to form a structure, either nice or ugly. We decide how that house is constructed.

I Corinthians 3:11
"For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."

Rod

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]