It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Weekly Lesson - What Kind of Light?? 
MMT Elite Member

Post Weekly Lesson - What Kind of Light??
Most of us will hit the lakes, bayous, marshes, streams and rivers before sunrise or after sunset on a regular basis. Usually, this is to get us to/from our favorite hunting spots. However, I do have relatives that will tell you the best shooting hours are between sunset and sunrise. They like to brag about hunting with that “one-eyed dog.” Well, for me, that dog only hunts frogs…uhh…did I say frogs? :lol:

So, I was sitting here wondering about what kind of lesson I was going to write about this week when I followed a link to another website about lights. Bidda-bam, bidda-boom…there’s the connection! The website had the following quote from John 8:12:

12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

Why do you need a light? To find your way around in the darkness, right? Whether the light is on your boat, on your head or in your hand…the light is helping to lead you through the darkness to get you where you need to go. Okay…and for some, it even helps them see their target. So, what is the light really doing? It is displacing darkness. This is exactly what Jesus was saying when he spoke. If you are walking around in the darkness of sin, you need to follow the light of Jesus.

What do you think would happen to you if you set out in your boat one cloudy night with no light and tried to navigate some of the bayous and rivers of south Louisiana at WOT? It probably would not have a good outcome. The same can be said if you are living in the darkness of sin…you will not have a good outcome.

But, if you had a nice 40 watt LED light illuminating your path, you are going to get to where you are wanting to go. Allow Jesus to be a light in your life. Follow Jesus and let Him keep you out of the darkness of sin. Let His light lead you to eternal life!

And everybody said……AMEN!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]