It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Lymes 
MMT 1000 Club

Post Lymes
So I've been getting the pup ready for the upcoming season. I was doing water retrieves for a few days for a few hours each day. After day four (Tuesday) he didn't want to pick up the dummy. I figured he was just getting sore so I let him be for a while and tried to look in his mouth and couldn't see anything but he yelped and ran off as soon as I opened his mouth. To top it off he got stung by a bee right under the eye on Saturday. The rest of the week he just wasn't his self he would chase down a ball but wouldn't pick it up and would take him10 mins to eat when it usually takes less than a min. After watching him hide in the corner and refusing hard treats I took him to the vet and he's got lymes disease. Looks like he will be out of commission for at least a month and probably won't hunt him for early goose season. Just a reminder to put tick prevention on your pup. I've only pulled 2-3 ticks off him that were imbedded this year I kept forgetting to use frontline before running him in the woods on a weekend here and there. Cost $350 between figuring out what it was and medication. He's got 230 more pills to go until the treatment is done and is in rough shape right now.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 pm
MMT 1000 Club

Post Re: Lymes
Man that's tough... Sorry to hear About that and thanks for the heads up. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Well they call me king turd up here on shit mountain, but if you want it you can have the crown.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:32 am
MMT Member

Post Re: Lymes
I would suggest switching to K9 Advantix. Frontline doesn't work like it used to! Also, when ticks are bad you should apply it every 3 weeks. I was a vet tech for 9 years, speaking from experience. Hope your pup feels better, it can be a debilitating disease and fatal if untreated!

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]