It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Dog Trainer Review - Ricky Elston - Southern Tide Kennels 
MMT Addict

Post Dog Trainer Review - Ricky Elston - Southern Tide Kennels
I want to start off by saying Ricky and I have no affiliation other than training of my Lab "Lucy". Some of you may remember my posts from last year expressing concerns of a specific dog trainer (would rather not state names) and feeling uncomfortable with his approach. Although I felt that way I stuck with him and had a semi decent season with Lucy. Something just never felt right with her but I chalked it up as inexperience on my part but did choose to look at another training source this year. I found Ricky through a good friend, talked with Ricky about his experience and decided to give him a try. Needless to say, this experience was totally different. I believe Ricky had some initial concerns with Lucy but he was able to quickly go into rehab mode with her and teach her that this hunting game really is fun. While last year I couldn't leave the trainer alone due to concerns, this year I had a comfort level and trust that led me to leave Ricky alone and let him do his job. It paid off. While I am an amateur, this dog has been converted to one of the most awesome dogs I could have ever expected. Runs blinds awesome, marks great, casts well, obedience is incredible and her desire to play the game has been found. Ricky has a great way of working with customer to teach his handling skills which is also something that was completely missed last year. I couldn't be a happier customer and wanted to share my experience.

Ricky has several years of dog training experience and has spent the past 10 or so years serving our troops by training bomb dogs as a civilian in Afghanistan. If you are looking for a trainer in the Slidell area I would recommend you talk with Ricky. He went above and beyond my expectations.

His contact is (504) 258-1821

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]