| Author |
Message |
|
Ben_ huntin
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm Posts: 120 Location: Mississippi
|
 1754 gtr speed and prop?
I have a 2010 1754 gt boat with a new 35 gtr as of now it has 15 hrs I've adjusted the carb "got the bog out" and messed with the governor only times I have gps it was in deep water but light load me one guy dog and cooler it will do 28 my question is its turning between 4200 to 4300 at times I've had it turning 4320 the motor is completely stock would a different prob help my speeds or should I leave it alone ?
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:58 pm |
|
 |
|
btmannin
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm Posts: 1723 Location: Oxford/Jackson ms
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
Sounds like te prop may be a little worn.. Causing higher rpm's with less umph.
_________________ 1436 tin can shoved by a 16 GDLT 16.5x48 running like hell from a built 40 merc
Well they call me king turd up here on shit mountain, but if you want it you can have the crown.
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:01 pm |
|
 |
|
Ben_ huntin
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm Posts: 120 Location: Mississippi
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:03 pm |
|
 |
|
dirtybird29+
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:03 pm Posts: 393 Location: South Carolina
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
What pin are you running it in?
_________________ 1854 GTB Extreme 35GTR
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm |
|
 |
|
Ben_ huntin
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm Posts: 120 Location: Mississippi
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
Middle pin
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 pm |
|
 |
|
pokey79
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:50 pm Posts: 2282 Location: Circumcised, Louisiana
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
u might need to trim down some and watch the gps
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:19 pm |
|
 |
|
Ben_ huntin
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm Posts: 120 Location: Mississippi
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:26 pm |
|
 |
|
BayouBuster
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am Posts: 1352 Location: Genoa AR
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
That sounds about right for deep water an a stock engine, you'll find out that most people's speeds are inflated a bit.
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 pm |
|
 |
|
Ben_ huntin
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm Posts: 120 Location: Mississippi
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
But if I'm able to turn those rpms could I go with say the hammer prop or would it hurt my bottom end to bad ?
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm |
|
 |
|
take'emgator
MMT Super Elite Member
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 pm Posts: 10201 Location: SETX
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
Just run the stock GTR prop thats all you'll need, and it'll do anything that Hammer prop will do
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:49 pm |
|
 |
|
Ben_ huntin
MMT Pro Member
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm Posts: 120 Location: Mississippi
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
What started me questioning this is I have a friend with an 1860 gt boat stock gtr running the same speeds at 300 to 400 less rpms and his boat is way heavier than mine ... Just seems odd I guess
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 pm |
|
 |
|
CCC
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 am Posts: 1685
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
The gator tail prop is faster than the hammer prop if I'm not mistaken. Maybe 3CK will give some info. And I don't think a stock motor will spin it. And just because you only got 15 hours don't mean the prop isn't bad. I can burn one up in 10 min in the right conditions
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:22 pm |
|
 |
|
BayouBuster
MMT 1000 Club
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am Posts: 1352 Location: Genoa AR
|
 Re: 1754 gtr speed and prop?
When mine was stock it ran best at 3850-3900.
|
| Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 pm |
|
 |
|